Sunday 22 April 2012

An old man reviews his life

I am today an old and feeble man with my hair all turned grey and my feet shaky and eyes dim. I too had once young and a quick mind. Those days of my life pass before me like a grand dream.

Life as Shakespeare would say is a stage and men and women merely players. I remember my childhood. Indeed that was the happiest period of my life. I had no worries as I never thought about the future! I spent my entire day playing. I ate when I was hungry and I slept when I was tired.

Later when I grew up I was sent to school and I made many friends there. We laughed together and we fought and then we laughed again. I remember my teachers as well. Some were serious and strict other was jolly and good natured. 

All this lead me to my youth. I started appreciating the beauty of life. I found new sources of pleasure and joy. I excelled in my profession and did well in life. Later I found that everyone has his own shares of sorrows, disappointments and hardships too.

I passed through all this and now I am too old. I see my grandchildren playing before me and I see glimpses of my own childhood in their games. So indeed Shakespeare was right when he said “life is a stage and men and women mere players”

No comments:

Post a Comment